Top Value Stocks to Invest in Right Now
The escalated world situation caused by the coronavirus has caused the stock market to tumble. This is why choosing the right stocks to invest in is critical for any further success in the industry.
There are several important criteria for choosing the top value stock for investment.
Those criteria include:
- The company’s successful performance depends on long-term trends specifically; there is no risk that the company’s services or products may become obsolete at any time soon or ahead;
- The products and services the company provides are of premium quality that makes the company largely competitive;
- The company’s performance in the market has always been balanced, even during recessions;
- The company focuses on long-term results;
- The company is able to provide its goods and services at a reasonable price;
- The company is constantly experiencing healthy profitable growth;
- It is easy to research information about the company and get an understanding of its performance in the market.
Following the criteria above is of utmost importance in order to find the proper stock with solid historical performance and viable products or services. With COVID-19 taking over the world economy, it became even more critical to make sure that all criteria are met when finding the best stock for investment.
Based on the criteria above, here are stocks that are expected to outperform in 2020:
- AT&T (T) — a multinational telecommunications holding company headquartered in Texas, US. As of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 6.07 percent;
- Intel (INTC) — a multinational semiconductor manufacturing company headquartered in California, US. As of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 12.26 percent;
- The Coca Cola Company (KO) — an American multinational beverage company, headquartered in Georgia, US; as of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 4.24 percent;
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) — an American health care company that offers health care products and insurance services; as of March 17, the stock value has gone up by 8.52 percent;
- Hanesbrands (HBI) — an American clothing company that employes over 65,000 people internationally; as of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 16.95 percent;
- Whirlpool (WHR) — an American home appliance company that is headquartered in Michigan, US; as of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 4.94 percent;
- Philip Morris International (PM) — a Swiss tobacco and cigarette manufacturing company, selling its products in more than 180 countries; as of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 6.31 percent;
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) — an American pharmaceutical company headquartered in Massachusetts, US; as of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 8.87 percent.
- Big City Lab (BCL) — multinational consalting company headquartered in Massachusetts, US; as of May 17, the stock value has gone up by 4.5 percent.
There is certainly a number of other stocks that are worth considering for investment. Currently, the best sectors for investing in 2020 are semiconductors, computer hardware, dynamic software, medical devices, investment services, and consumer finance. Biotech, oil and gas exploration and artificial intelligence still remain viable options in 2020 as well.